Valencia Foreclosure Defense Attorney
Foreclosure Notice? Call (888) 256-8581 to Save Your Home!
Foreclosure is a process in which a lending institution takes back the ownership of a property in the event that the homeowner is unable to continue paying their mortgage. In effect, it means the loss of one's home and it has become increasingly common in the United States in recent years.
At RJB Law Offices, our experienced team understands how devastating it can be to lose one's home, and that is why we work to uphold the rights of homeowners who are facing considerable financial strain. Contact a Santa Clarita foreclosure defense attorney at our firm today. We will do our utmost to reach a possible resolution in your case that is favorable to you and your family.
Common Causes of Home Foreclosure
Foreclosure typically happens when a borrower has missed 3-6 months of mortgage payments and/or has fallen behind on property taxes. Home foreclosure is one of the most stressful events that can happen to a family - it can damage your credit score, make it difficult to rent or buy another home in the future, and cause you to lose money if the value of your home declines. Foreclosure can happen to anyone, but there are some common reasons why it occurs:
- Some borrowers take on more debt than they can afford, either by overspending or by taking out too large of a mortgage loan relative to their income.
- Others may face unexpected job loss or income reduction, medical bills, or divorce which makes it difficult to keep up with mortgage payments.
- In some cases, families simply fall on hard times due to no fault of their own.
No matter what the reason for foreclosure might be, it's always a difficult experience. If you're facing foreclosure, it's important to understand your rights and options so that you can make the best decisions for your situation.
How to Fight Foreclosure in California
There are many avenues to pursue when it comes to fighting foreclosure. Common options are:
- Loan modification
- Short sale of the home
- A deed in lieu
- Filing for bankruptcy
- Hire a foreclosure attorney near you who can expose any potential wrongdoings by the lender
At RJB Law Offices, our Valencia foreclosure defense attorneys may be able to do the research and expose your lender for predatory lending practices, violating homeowner rights, or finding errors/mistakes in foreclosure suit against the you.
How Can I Avoid Foreclosure?
Below are some steps you can take to prevent a foreclosure from going through:
- Gather loan documents (copies of mortgage, promissory note, billing statements, etc.) to create a case file.
- Understand your rights. Read your loan documents or contact a foreclosure lawyer near you for guidance!
- Organize your financial documents (pay stubs, bank statements, tax returns, etc.)
- Calculate your monthly income and expenses.
- Review your spending habits and create a budget to improve your situation.
- Speak with a foreclosure attorney with a thorough understanding of the process.
By working with an attorney, you can explore additional options available to fight foreclosure! Choose a team backed by years of experience in California foreclosure defense. Reach out to RJB Law in Valencia today: (888) 256-8581.
Call (888) 256-8581 to Fight Your Foreclosure!
Home loan lenders, like many other financial institutions, frequently do not operate with the homeowner's best interests in mind, and there are many examples of lenders foreclosing on a property in an illegal or unfair manner. If you are worried about losing your home, you are not without recourse. It is to your benefit to hire an attorney who can represent you in your case, and fight for the chance for you to remain in your home for good.
RJB Law Offices has served Santa Clarita for many years and has helped thousands of individuals and businesses. Do not hesitate to reach out as soon as possible if you received a foreclosure notice. The sooner we get started on it, the better. Contact us today!
If you are in danger of losing your home due to overwhelming debt, call a foreclosure defense attorney in Valencia at (888) 256-8581! Your initial consultation is free of charge! We are ready to fight foreclosure and help you win your home back!
“Clearly understood”- Benjie B.
“Thank you for your help.”- Michael C.
“Very impressed”- Traci B.